Friday, January 21, 2011

Blue Cheese Dressing for Eating Green


Ingredients:
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 6 oz. blue cheese
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • Juice of ½ lemon
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup milk

Method:

  • In blender mince together the garlic and four ounce of the cheese.
  • In Bosch mixing bowl add the mayonnaise and sour cream, and mix well, usingwire whisk.
  • Add lemon juice, pepper and salt, then blend in the milk and the blue cheese (cut into pea sized pieces).
  • Note: Mix until milk is combined. If you like the dressing smooth, not chunky, as all the blue cheese with the garlic.
  • Chill and stir before serving. Makes 1 ½ cups. Serve it with your choice of fruits and vegetables or anything you love.

9 comments:

  1. I love blue cheese - this dressing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm thinking this would be an amazing spread for a sandwhich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find your blog, and thank you for your kind comment on my blog!
    I also made almost the same exact blue cheese for my Buffalo chicken wings. Next time, instead of the yogurt dip with ranch spices for the veggies, I will make your recipe, which is a thinner version. Yumm!

    Following your blog...invite you to follow mine, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love blue cheese but have not tried it often as a dressing like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband loves blue cheese and he would love this dressing. Looks great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my name is Irina, I'm Russian but I live in Italy for many years, I'm always looking for new friends and new recipes from around the world. A pleasure to meet you and your blog. I sign up as your following, and if you want to reciprocate and follow of my blog, I'd be happy! A hug, and the recipes look. . .

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM, yum, yum! Love blue cheese salad dressing so I know I'd adore this recipe~

    ReplyDelete